- Rays a suitor for Roy Halladay?I am not sure, in fact, I’m certain trading two players who have 9 years left of team control for the final year of Halladay is not a good move for the club.
- Rays have mild interest in Matt Lindstrom He is not high on my list of wants for the club so this does not bother me.
- Pat Burrell was erroneously reported as traded by PhillyBlurbs.com This was the long-rumored Milton Bradley deal which I still hope happens.
- Rays interested in Kevin Gregg. Since the Cubs did not offer Gregg arbitration, Gregg is not a bad target despite the ERA. He had a terrible time with homers last year thanks to a helium-inflated HR/FB rate; he had his best year with K/9 and K/BB and Tropicana Field is rather flyball neutral despite what Troy Percival did to prove the contrary.
- Andrew Friedman tells Marc Topkin “nothing is iminent.” Not surprising, the team is quite thorough and talks typically go as quick as Pat Burrell on the basepaths.