Maury Brown runs The Biz of Baseball site – a must read if you are interested in the business side of baseball. Today, he reviewed the different promotions that are planned for major league ballparks in the 2010 season and he decided the Rays have the best series of promotions for the 2010 season. Some of his favorites include:
- Zorilla Gorilla Webkinz night on April 25th
- Flying Carl Crawford action figure, equipped with a parachute on May 2nd
- Growth chart featuring 6’9″ Jeff Niemann on August 1st. Finally a growth chart I can fit on
- Joe Maddon Glasses night – First 10,000 fans for the 2nd game of the season on 4/7 get a pair Maddon spectacles
- Super Cowbell night – the first 10,000 fans at the third game get a larger cowbell to further annoy Yankees and Red Sox fans with when they come to town
His favorite, and mine too, is this beauty that will be given out on May 30th against the White Sox. A Carlos Pena toothbrush holder! I am going to this game to get one for my kids.
Check out the rest of the article to see the other great promotions going on at other parks in 2010 including Star Wars night in LA and Sausage Bobblehead night in Milwaukee and continue to check back into Maury’s terrific blog throughout the season and/or follow him on Twitter at @BizballMaury.