I like to take peeks at the statistics at 30 day intervals to see how the club is doing and I think this time, you will be quite surprised by some of the statistics this club has produced over the past 30 days.
- 1 – The number of walks both Reid Brignac and Sean Rodriguez have this month. Both have walked just once and struck out fifteen times in a combined 114 at bats.
- .303 – the highest batting average on the team that belongs to the much-maligned Jason Bartlett.
- 4 – the number of steals B.J. Upton has which trails not only Carl Crawford (9) but also Ben Zobrist (8) and Jason Bartlett (6).
- 18 – The number of runners both Carlos Pena and Matt Joyce have driven in – while both hitting under .260.
- .408 – The highest wOBA on the team – and it belongs to Carlos Pena. He is hitting .256/.384/.537 during that time
- 4 – the number of batters who have an OBP above .360: Evan Longoria (.421), Carlos Pena (.384), Jason Bartlett (.368) and Willy Aybar (.362). Yes, Bartlett and Aybar have better OBP’s than Ben Zobrist, Reid Brignac, and John Jaso
- 28% – Carlos Pena’s strikeout rate which is only the fifth worst on the team. Brignac (28.3%), Aybar (29.4%), Upton (32.4%) and Shoppach (38.5%) have made less contact.
- 6 – the number of batters with at least a 10% walk rate. Jaso (10%), Upton (10%), Joyce (13%), Pena (15%), Longoria (18%), and Zobrist (19%).
- 5.0 – Wade Davis’ strikeout rate. His strikeout to walk rate is 2.0 – which is higher than Jeff Niemann’s.
- 2.0 – the highest home run rate amongst the staff and it belongs to Matt Garza.
- .108 – Opponents batting average against Joaquin Benoit. The next best average is nearly 100 points higher at .210 for Matt Garza thanks to retiring 27 straight back on July 26th.
- 6 – the number of home runs the Rays’ bullpen has surrendered in 66.1 IP and three of them have been given up by Andy Sonnanstine